Larry Hodges is a science fiction & fantasy writer, as well as a table tennis coach and writer. (Yes, that’s a strange combination.) This is his SF & Fantasy page; here’s his table tennis page.
He’s had eleven books published, including five SF & Fantasy novels/anthologies:
- Campaign 2100: Game of Scorpions – SF novel from World Weaver Press in March, 2016 that covers the election for president of Earth in the year 2100, where the world has adopted the American two-party electoral system, with an alien ambassador showing up at the start as an incredulous observer.
- Sorcerers in Space – humorous fantasy that parodies the U.S.-Soviet space race in the 1960s, but with sorcerers instead of astronauts.)
- The Spirit of Pong – fantasy table tennis novel about an American who goes to China to learn the secrets of table tennis and ends up training with the spirits of past champions.)
- Pings and Pongs: The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy of Larry Hodges (2010) – my 30 best short stories I’d sold as of 2010.
- More Pings and Pongs: The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy of Larry Hodges (2015)
- Here’s a listing of all eleven of my books, with the others on the Olympic Sport of Table Tennis. Here’s my Amazon page.
He’s an active member of Science Fiction Writers of American with exactly 80 short story sales. His story “Leashing the Muse” is a finalist for the Washington SF Association Small Press Award for 2016. His story “The Awakening” was the unanimous grand prize winner at the 2010 Garden State Horror Writers Short Story Competition. His story “Rationalized” won the November 2011 Story Quest Competition. He’s a graduate of the six-week 2006 Odyssey Writers Workshop, the 2007 Orson Scott Card Literary Boot Camp, and the two-week 2008 Taos Toolbox Writers Workshop. In the world of non-fiction, He’s a full-time writer with eleven books and over 1600 published articles in over 140 different publications.
He has a bachelor’s in math and a master’s in journalism, both from University of Maryland. In the world of table tennis he’s a member of the USA Table Tennis Hall of Fame (as a coach and writer) and is certified as a National Coach, the highest level.
1,061 total views, 4 views today